Sponsor: The Winnipeg Foundation, through a fund established by Manitoba children’s author Eileen McTavish Sykes
Presented annually to a Manitoba writer whose first professionally-published English- language book is deemed the best written.
- Entry may be an English work of any genre (excluding academic texts, reference books, etc.), published between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
- Eligible authors may have prior publication credits, such as magazines, literary journals, newspapers or chapbooks.
- Eligible authors must have been residents of Manitoba for one of the past two years, and three of the past five years.
- Co-authored books are eligible as long as all authors meet the residency criteria. Anthologies are eligible as long as the editor(s) meet the residency criteria.
- Prize may be awarded posthumously to an author who has met the publication and residency requirements but has died within the award period.
Titles entered for this award may also be entered for other awards. Publishers must submit four (4) print copies for each prize; these copies will not be returned.
All cash prizes are subject to availability of funds, courtesy the pandemic.