Sponsor: Manitoba Arts Council
Presented annually to the Manitoba writer whose English-language book of adult fiction is deemed the best written.
- Entry must be a work of English-language adult fiction published January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. (Ineligible books: reprints, books for young people.)
- Eligible authors must have been residents of Manitoba for one of the past two years, and three of the past five years.
- Co-authored books are eligible as long as all authors meet the residency criteria. Anthologies are eligible as long as the editor(s) meet the residency criteria.
- Prize may be awarded posthumously to an author who has met the publication and residency requirements but has died within the award period.
- Collected and/or selected works by a single author are eligible unless they contain previously-published material contained in one or more books that have been previously shortlisted for a Manitoba book award.
Titles entered for this award may also be entered for other awards. Publishers must submit four (4) print copies for each prize; these copies will not be returned.
Cash Prize – $3500