Sponsor: McNally Robinson Booksellers
Presented annually to the Manitoba writer whose English-language book for young people is deemed the best written. (Award alternates between younger and older categories.) Older category entries are being accepted as part of this submission cycle.
- 2021 award: Older Category (for readers 9-18 years of age)
- Entry must be an English-language book for young people (older category), of any genre, published between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2020. (Ineligible books: textbooks, dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc.)
- Eligible authors must have been residents in Manitoba for one of the past two years, and three of the past five years.
- Co-authored books are eligible as long as all authors meet the residency criteria. Anthologies are eligible as long as the editor(s) meet the residency criteria.
- Prize may be awarded posthumously to an author who has met the publication and residency requirements but has died within the award period.
Titles entered for this award may also be entered for other awards, except McNally Robinson Book of the Year. Publishers must submit four (4) print copies for each prize; these copies will not be returned.
Cash prize – $1000